3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup finely chopped raw walnuts
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup dark vegan chocolate chips
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 whole banana, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a heavy duty baking sheet with a thin layer of extra virgin coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice. Mix in the oats, cranberries, walnuts, chia seeds and chocolate chips.
- In a blender on medium speed, blend the melted extra virgin coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract until the sugar is smooth. Add the banana and blend until the banana is completely pureed. Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, 1 inch apart, to make 24 cookies. Flatten the cookies slightly with the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 18 minutes, until they are golden brown and almost firm to the touch. Cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for about 5 minutes, then remove the cookies from the baking sheet and continue to let them cool on a rack.