- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix your dry ingredient together with a whisk.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix your wet ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until blended.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Corn bread is done baking when you can poke it with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Slice and serve!