3 cups of Apples, cut and seeded
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
1 tablespoon organic cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Few drops of water as needed
For the Crust: Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix with fingers adding water as needed until a dough has formed. Roll the dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Repeat this process for the top crust layer. Once the crust has cooled, roll it out, and place into your pie plate. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes (it should appear golden brown).
For the Filling
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the apple mixture into your pie crust.
- Top the pie with the second crust and push down the crust around the edges to seal the pie.
- Make 4 small slits into the top of the pie for venting.
- Bake for 1 hours at 350 F.