- ½ cup raw almonds
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese (optional: It’s more of a garlic sauce without, but still creamy and delicious)
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 medium eggplant
- 4 mini colorful sweet peppers (1 large red, orange or yellow sweet pepper)
- 8 ounces (227 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon coconut or olive oil
Low Carb Pasta Substitute
Spaghetti squash is my favorite low carb pasta substitute as it doesn’t get anymore natural than this and is excellent with creamy pasta sauces.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and place in a baking dish cut side down with a small amount of water lining the dish.
- Bake in a 375º F (190°C) oven for about 45 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce the skin of the squash.
While this is baking I complete the other steps to the recipe.
Remove the squash from the oven and using a fork gently pull out the pasta-like strands of squash.
The Almond Alfredo Sauce
Using a high speed blender or food processor (I use a Ninja) process the raw almonds with 1 cup of the water until a thick paste is formed.
- Add the garlic cloves and remaining water and blend until smooth.
- Pour this into a sauce pan (it will be runny), add parmesan cheese and salt & pepper to taste. Hint: should be a tad on the salty side.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring about every 30 seconds until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Set aside and keep warm.
The Eggplant, Colorful Peppers, and Chicken
Dice the eggplant, peppers, and chicken.
- Using a large skillet or wok, sauté the eggplant and peppers in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil. Sauté until the eggplant becomes almost tender and almost translucent.
- Add the diced chicken and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through.
This all takes about 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the eggplant cubes.
Hint: Cooking the chicken last keeps it from drying out. Just make sure the chicken and veggies are cooked to 165 F
- Add the spaghetti squash pasta to the chicken and veggies and stir in gently.
- Pour the almond Alfredo sauce in and stir until sauce is mixed throughout.
- Serve the Almond Alfredo Pasta with Eggplant, Peppers, and Chicken in a pasta bowl garnished with a little more parmesan cheese if desired.